Finding the right shampoo can be an exhausting process. Everyone’s hair is different, so the perfect hair care for your friends might just not work for you! If you’re struggling with finding the right shampoo for your needs, here’s a quick guide to find the best one for your hair type:
Best Shampoo for Oily Hair
An oily scalp can make your hair look greasy even after just a few hours of washing. This can also make your hair look flat and sticky — which no one wants. But why do some people’s scalps produce more oil than others? There are several factors that come into play such as your genetics, lifestyle, or medical condition. So how do you control the excessive oil? Here’s how:
1. Use a Clarifying Shampoo
One solution to help combat the oily scalp is to use a clarifying shampoo. It is designed to cleanse deeply into the roots to remove impurities and excess oil buildup. But the question is, how often do you need to use this type of shampoo? Here’s a guide:
- If you have oily hair: 2 times a week is a good start
- If you use a lot of hair products such as hair spray, gel, or wax: 1 every week is a good start
- If you are a swimmer or exposed to chlorine: Use after every swim to remove the chlorine
Note: When using a clarifying shampoo, pay attention to how your hair responds. Be careful not to overuse it, because it might dry out your hair or completely strip off the natural oil.
2. Double cleansing
Another thing you can do when you have oily hair is to double cleanse with regular shampoo twice a week. Double cleansing is as simple as it sounds — shampooing twice and then following up with a conditioner. Shampooing twice can help remove the leftover hair product residue on your scalp. This is especially beneficial for those with oily and greasy hair. However, this is not recommended for people with dry or coiled hair as it may strip the hair’s natural oil.
Shampoo for Dry Scalp
- For people with dry scalp and hair, a moisturizing shampoo is a good option to bring back lost oil and moisture to your strands. Look for ingredients such as olive oil, jojoba oil, argan oil, avocado oil, or Vitamin E. Additionally, avoid shampoos that contain sulfates and paraben as they tend to dry out your locks.
- For dry hair without itchiness: Consider using a hair mask 2-3 times a week to bring back hair moisture and repair dry and brittle hair. Find the best one here on Amazon.
- For dry hair with flakes and itchiness: Consider using a shampoo with tea tree oil.
Best Curly Hair Shampoo
Curly hairs tend to be on the dry side and doesn’t need frequent washing. If this is your hair type, focus on products that moisturize your strands without weighing them down. Avoid volumizing shampoo as it may dry out your strands even more.
Recommended shampoo ingredients for curly hair:
1. Shea Butter – Shea butter is an excellent ingredient to help seal in moisture and prevent fizziness. Full of fatty acids and vitamin E, shea butter can hydrate the strands and protect them from breakage.
2. Jojoba Oil – Jojoba not only helps balance the scalp, but it also helps define curls and maintain moisture. People with type 3 hair will greatly benefit from using jojoba oil.
3. Argan oil – Argan oil helps add shine to curly hair. Argan oil is rich in Vitamin E, fatty acids, and antioxidants that lock in moisture to the strands making your curls easier to manage.
4. Coconut oil – Coconut oil is one of the most popular hair ingredients for hair care. This wonderful ingredient acts as a conditioner and reduces protein loss in your curls — making it stronger and more defined.
Check out these top rated shampoos for curly hair on Amazon.
Best Shampoo for Normal Hair
The key to finding the best shampoo for normal hair is to look for a formula that will effectively cleanse your hair without stripping natural oils. Look for shampoos that contain gentle ingredients like aloe vera, chamomile, and lavender to nourish and soothe your scalp.
Additionally, opt for products that are free from harsh chemicals like sulfates and parabens. Some great options to consider include the Aveeno Pure Renewal Shampoo, the L'Oreal Paris EverPure Sulfate-Free Moisture Shampoo, and the OGX Coconut Milk Shampoo. Avoid washing your hair too frequently to keep your locks looking healthy and vibrant.
Check out our Premium Shampoo for Hair Growth:
Finding the right shampoo for your hair type is crucial for maintaining healthy and beautiful hair. Whether you have oily, dry, curly, or normal hair, there shampoos for your specific needs. You can ensure that your hair stays nourished, hydrated, and free from damage when you find the perfect ingredient or formula for your hair type.
With the help of this quick guide, you’re ready to find the perfect shampoo for your hair. Remember, taking care of your hair is a journey, so be patient! You may have to test a few products until you find the shampoo that suits your needs best!