There is a debate going on about the effectiveness of eye creams. Men and women are divided. Some say it works, and they use it faithfully. Others, however, are quite skeptical. They argue that their facials are already good enough.
Do eye creams work? Even the experts are lost when looking for answers to that question. They say frankly that it all depends on who you talk to about the matter. There are just some concerns about using eye creams. It would be helpful to consider those issues before deciding to buy any brand.
Be extra careful when using facials around your eyes. The skin around your eyes is more fragile than on other parts of your face. It is the thinnest and most delicate part of your skin. Your regular facials may irritate it.
Being the most delicate part of the skin, it is doubtless that this area around the eyes will get those wrinkles. It can quickly get dehydrated. That is why moisturizers will be beneficial.
To make sure your eye cream brand works, check the ingredients. Only certain elements can help reduce wrinkles. Here are five suggested components your eye cream should have.
- Retinol - It's not surprising. Retinol is a Vitamin A dietary supplement. It helps treat eye problems. Added to creams, it increases the amount of collagen, which helps cut down fine lines and wrinkles.
- Vitamin C - You may want to call this the ultimate vitamin. It not only strengthens your immune system. It also helps protect your skin from sun damage. You may opt for Vitamin C serums in your eye cream.
- Peptides - Peptides naturally occur on the skin. These amino acids provide the necessary proteins for the skin. Some skincare formulas have synthetic peptides. They help prevent skin darkening, aging and even wound healing.
- Ceramides - Ceramides are widely known as a skincare agent that helps prevent anti-aging. But like peptides, these are natural fatty acids essential for the skin. It creates a barrier that helps lock moisture on the skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid - This ingredient has become a popular buzzword in skincare today. The FDA has even approved its use to treat eye injuries. Some research has also shown that it can reduce wrinkles for about a year.
Now, all these talks about skincare formulations may have you thinking of a product that has all those elements. You don't have to do that. Having only one of those can be just as effective. Putting them all together may even be harmful to your skin instead. Always seek professional advice whenever you use chemicals on your skin.