It’s almost time to put on your best Halloween fits — but is your skin ready? Whether you are dressing up cute, sexy, or ultra-scary this Halloween, make sure that your skin is prepped for the spooky season! (And no, we don’t mean showing up with two layers of dark circles, un-showered, and still in your 3-day unwashed jammies)
This article will guide you on how to prep your skin for Halloween. Trick or Treat your skin and follow these instructions to avoid a Halloween skin disaster. Keep reading!
How to Prep Your Skin for Halloween
Prepping your skin is as important as finding the perfect Halloween costume. To do this, here are 3 important pre-Halloween skincare steps you need to follow:
The first step to getting the perfect canvas for your makeup is exfoliating. This removes excess oil, bacteria, and dead skin cells and will give you a smoother makeup application and ensure that you will avoid a cakey makeup mishap. Face and body exfoliation can help generate new skin cells. This helps you get smooth and glowing skin! Exfoliating 1-2 days before Halloween is recommended.
These might be just the right thing:
#2. Hydrate & Moisturize
Do you need to moisturize before applying makeup? The answer is YES, you do. There are two main reasons:1. It prevents your skin from looking dull and dry
2. It ensures that your makeup glides smoothly and stays longer
Who wants cakey Halloween makeup? No one. (Unless you’re Cady attending her first Halloween party on Mean Girls). So, to avoid that, here’s what you need to do:
- Skip burning hot showers, use cold or lukewarm temperatures instead. Hot showers can dry out your skin, especially if you stay too long.
- Invest in a hydrating body wash and facial cleanser: Try this Pure Biology Hydrating Gentle Facial Cleanser.
- Avoid over-cleansing: Evaluate your skin and make sure not to overdo it, since it may cause dryness.
- Use a daily face moisturizer to smooth and soften your skin
Related article: Dry vs. Dehydrated Skin (Yes, there's a difference!)
Before you put on your makeup or face paint, use a primer. Not only does primer give you the perfect base, but it can also blur out skin imperfections. You’ll be putting in a lot of effort and talent in your makeup, might as well make the look last longer with primer!
Halloween 2022 Make up Inspo
1. Make Julia Fox Your Muse
Here’s a tutorial on how she does her makeup:
2. Anna Delvey from Inventing Anna
3. The Sanderson sisters from Hocus Pocus
4. Cassie from Euphoria
5. Max Mayfield
6. Shrek and Fiona
7. Kourtney Kardasian and Travis Barker
8. Kylie Jenner at the Met Gala
9. Emma Chamberlain
10. Easy Lip Makeup to channel your inner vampire, doll, or joker
@helinndoski Easy halloween lip makeup ideas 👻 #makeup #halloweenmakeup ib: @bexcxmpbell ♬ original sound - KristyLee